Thursday, March 26, 2009

Getting Settled

Within six hours the truck had been unloaded, the kitchen unpacked and the beds set up. It was a whirlwind of moving after a crazy 6 weeks. The moment Spencer lost his job, I knew things would change; just not this much. We've gotten a lot done in a short amount of time and the new job seems to be going well. The house is great here, more than what I could have hoped for. The Lord put all the pieces together for us, even though it didn't all pan out until the last few days. Both girls are transitioning slowly, but its hard for us to explain it to them or them to understand it all. They now a share a room and besides them waking up too early, I love it. I miss everyone terribly, but family has been so great here, I would feel badly to complain. I just wish I could have everyone I love here with me.
The basement is really only my big project left. Then I can have fun decorating. Its truly incredible how quickly it has come together. Praise the Lord for a generous and helpful KC family!

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sure missed you last night. Our first Thursday at home in quite a while. :) Love you, and praying for you!

Rebecca said...

So glad you are getting settled! Post pics of your home so we can get a glimpse! =) We really miss you, but rejoice that you are finding "home" in KC!