Sunday, November 14, 2010

Halloween


Well, my camera died as we went out to trick or treat this year, but I thought I would include the ones I had.
Spencer was down in Alabama with his dad visiting his grandparents. We missed the trip down there this summer, as we normally go in August, but being 38 weeks pregnant meant we had to miss out this time. Spencer's mom took the opportunity to come see her grandkids, dad and siblings and spent the weekend with us. I sure appreciated having company; we kept busy and the weekend flew by.
I really hadn't decided if I was going to have the girls participate in Halloween, just because I didn't know if they would actually care. Of course, after being asked "what are you going to be for Halloween?" by any interested adult and peer who knew what to look forward too, I didn't have a choice. Payge would often answer, "a princess" and Haydee would say, "Snow White".

The Friday before Halloween my mother in law and I went to a kids consignment store to look for clothes for the winter. We walked in and right away the girls went to the costume rack and found a beautiful princess costume in pink in Payge's size. I was worried that I wouldn't find a second comparable outfit for Haydee, but in two minutes I found an actual Snow White costume, exactly her size! I couldn't believe it! I debated buying a frog outfit for Myles, but I decided to pass this year.

No comments: